Lewiston Council Updates
The agenda for the January 14th meeting:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
5. City Council Minutes –December 23, 2014 Emergency Meeting*
6. Accounts Payable
7. Quarterly Payroll Reports*
8. Citizens Concerns (3 minute limit)
9. Ambulance Report
10. Fire Department Report
11. Police Department Report
12. WWTP Improvements Project – Pay Request #11 from Winona Mechanical*
13. Switch out Gate Valve and Install Ball Valve - $31 each*
14. Resolution 2015-01 Designating an Official Depository for City Funds*
15. Resolution 2015-02 Designating an Official Newspaper*
16. Resolution 2015-03 Appointing Lewiston Fire Department Officers*
17. Annual Appointments*
18. Reinstate the City Administrator and Deputy Clerk-Treasurer Positions as
Established in the Lewiston City Code of Ordinance.*
19. MRWA Technical Conference Registration*
20. Council concerns
21. Informational Items
This portion of the meeting may be closed under MN Statute 13.D.05, subd 3(c).
During the continuation of an emergency council meeting on December 23, 2014 council Member Sannes moved to accept the resignation of Interim Police Chief Troy Leibfried with the change to January 14, 2015 to correspond with the anticipated appointment of the full-time Police Chief, seconded by Council Member Rupprecht. All voted in favor.
Scott Yeiter has been hired as Lewiston Chief of Police pending back ground checks. Three part time officers: Corey Sveen, Matt Stepans and Richard Maki were also offered PT positions. Other information was discussed during the closed portion of the meeting regarding personnel issues..
Council member Sharon Trester brought concerns forward regarding the meeting and its agenda. She left the meeting until the agenda was clarified with the city attorney. She returned when Jennifer Gumbel, the city attorney was specific regarding agenda information and continuation information. She presented information via telephone that the meeting was legal and the agenda that could be discussed within the continuation meeting guidelines.